What is a cookie?
A cookie is a file that websites transfer to the devices that connect to them. Even though the purposes of cookies are often only technical, they also allow us, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or about their device and, depending on the information the device contains and how the user uses it, they can be used to recognise the user.
There are cookies that are controlled and managed by the owner of the Website themselves (these are called “own cookies”) and others that are controlled and managed by third parties (these are known as “third party cookies”), for example, because they provide a tool or function integrated in the website.
Some cookies are deleted once the web browsing ends (session cookies), while others may continue to be stored on the users’ devices and may be accessed for a longer period of time (persistent cookies).
What kinds of cookies do we use and why?
We use the following types of cookies on this Website:
1.Technical cookies or cookies that are indispensable for rendering the services
We use technical cookies to be able to render the services requested by our users. These cookies are essential for browsing and using different web options and services such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing parts with restricted access, remembering information that the user provides at each stage of the registration and contracting process, using security features while browsing, storing content for the purpose of disseminating videos or sound, or sharing content through social media.
2. Personalisation cookies
In order to optimise the experience of using our website, we use personalisation cookies that allow us to configure the website and its services according to the preferences of the user or the general features of their device, for example, the browser used and its version, the installed operating system, etc.
These cookies are used, for example, to recall the parameters that were chosen by the user during their visits, to direct the content of the website depending on their language or location and to save the credentials of registered users.
Analysis cookies allow us to measure and analyse the activity on the websites and to create user browser profiles.
We use GOOGLE ANALYTICS cookies to compile anonymous and collective statistics that allow us to understand how users use our website, in order to improve and adapt it to the preferences of our visitors.
GOOGLE ANALYTICS is a tool provided by the company Google, Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway. Mountain View, CA 94043. USA. You can learn more about how GOOGLE ANALYTICS functions and the cookies used by this service by clicking on the following links:
You can disable GOOGLE ANALYTICS cookies by installing the opt-out browser add-on created by Google, which is available at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=es
Typically, the data that arises from browsing that may be subject to analysis are the following:
- The domain name of the provider (ISP) and/or the IP address that gives users access to the network. For example, a user of the provider xxx will only be identified with the xxx.es domain and/or the IP address. In this way, we can compile statistics on the countries and servers that most frequently visit our website.
- The date and time of access to our website. This allows us to check the times when there is most traffic, and make the necessary adjustments to avoid saturation problems at peak times.
- The Internet address from which the link that leads to our website was shared. With this information, we can determine the effectiveness of different banners and links that point to our server in order to promote those that offer better results.
- The number of daily visitors in each session. This allows us to identify the most successful areas and increase and improve their content so that users obtain a more satisfactory result.
- Chrome, http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=es&answer=95647
- Explorer, http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
- Firefox, http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-que-los-sitios-we
- Safari, https://support.apple.com/kb/index?q=manage+cookies&src=globalnav_support&type=organic&page=search&locale=es_ES
Are cookies anonymous?
How can I manage cookies?
The website’s users have the option not to receive cookies, to delete them or be informed about the addition thereof through their browsers’ settings. To learn how to manage cookies on your browser, please refer to the help section of your browser.
For your convenience, below you will find information on managing cookies provided by the developers of the main browsers:
If you disable the cookies, you may not be able to use all the website’s features.
To disable the use of third party advertising cookies, users can also visit the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) disabling page.